Thread: [For Sale] Osiris Tuner version, new
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bigjoe
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
Bigjoe is on a distinguished road

I did a lot of research before I bought this, including speaking at length with a protuner (Lawrence at Intec Racing in Seattle), and this seemed like a much more economical way to get all the uprev goodies.

Example:
If I go to the shop and tune, I'm out $750 (local price), no residual value whatsoever, I just get the tune.

If I buy this, I can resell it later for almost what I paid for it, plus I can still go to the protuner later if I want to and get a dyno tune for $2-300 since I'll already have the license and a base tune, he's just adjusting it.
On top of that if it throws any codes that I need to turn off or I want to make some minor adjustments I'm not stuck at the shops beck and call, I know people that had the custom tune done but then it throws a code or something and they have to make an appointment and drive all the way back there to get it checked, such a pain in the XXX.

With the tuner version you can fix all that stuff yourself, not to mention its just cool to be able to tune yourself.

Who wants it!?

Last edited by Bigjoe; 02-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote