View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
MeetJoeAsian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 350Z to G35c to 370Z
MeetJoeAsian is on a distinguished road

Before you come into the dealership, have these items ready:

-proof of insurance coverage for the past FULL year. Meaning, if your policy is per every 6 months, then you will have to bring your current insurance, AND your previous 6 months, AND the previous six months BEFORE that last 6 months. You have to provide proof that your insurance did not lapse. Your other option would be to have your insurance agent write you a letter on letterhead verifying that you have had continuous insurance for over a year.
-Proof of registration for a full year. Bring your receipts that you got after you paid for your yearly registration for the CURRENT registration and the last registration. Another way to show this is to bring your current registration receipt and your title that shows you've owned the vehicle for more than 1 year.
-And of course, your TITLE in hand. I've had a lot of people asking me about paying off their cars and get the difference in the rebate, the answer is NO. You must OWN the car free and clear at the time of trading in your vehicle. Meaning, you MUST have your title already.

One more thing about this program, this rebate is all you are getting for your vehicle. (I'm not talking about rebate incentive from the dealer on the car you purchase, that's different). What I mean is that you are NOT getting a value for your trade, and then get this clunker rebate. So, if your car's trade in value is more than $3500 or $4500, then trade in your car, because you are not getting anything else for your car other than the rebate.

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 08-18-2009 at 01:39 AM.
MeetJoeAsian is offline   Reply With Quote