View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
nmjaxx9
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
nmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmcmahon View Post
That title sounds wrong now that I think about it. Anyhow, just picked up my 2012 Z today. Infiniti was giving great incentives on their cars and almost pulled me in to a G37. But driving both back to back, the answer was clear. The Z is a driver's car whereas the G37 felt like autopilot. Loving the car so far but the break-in period is always a killer.

The Synchro-Rev MT is awesome! I'm almost afraid that I'll forget how to heel-toe cuz of this. I am thinking of turning it off under normal driving though. It's strange going into neutral when coasting to a stop and having it all of a sudden rev up a couple of grand. At first I was like wtf!? Can't wait to get past 1200 miles. The dealer mentioned their E-Oil they recommend for the Z. Any thoughts on it? Is it expensive? Would I be better off just getting the usual synthetic oil like Mobil 1?
Welcome and Congrats on the Z!

I was also between the G37 and Z, and really the G37 was not at all comaprable. You are right about the autopilot feeling. Thats why I got the Z!

and as for oil, you should be okay with Mobil 1, I ran that my 2nd oil change and now I use Royal Purple. Like Tree said there are a lot of threads on that on this forum, just browse around using the search.
nmjaxx9 is offline   Reply With Quote