View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #38 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Shamu,

I am thinking of going with 245/45/18 up front and 275/40/18 (base, stock 18" rims). This will keep a staggered setup with bigger tires than I have right now.

For tires, I am considering trying the Continental Extreme Contact DW. They have gotten some good reviews:
Continental Extreme Contact DW Tire Review - Modified Magazine

And they are about $800 for four corners (including shipping).

Since this is my first foray into autocross I don't have the skills to push the car hard enough to make (in my opinion) a big enough difference that I would need to go with a much more expensive tire.

In regards to sway bar settings ... I have stillens up front and rear ... any suggestions regarding stiffness front vs. rear?
245 won't be enough front tire for autocross.

I'd reccomend Hankook RS3 in 265/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rear or even 275/35/18 front and 285/35/18 rear. Hard for me to say what will work on your car in bar department as I don't know what else you have but 370 needs lots of anti roll especially with stockish camber settings so I'd start with at least mid settings and then experiment.

If someone were to hear my setup they'd say no way would it work for ax. I have huge 35mm front bar and 1000 lb front springs with stock nismo rear bar and 450 lb rears. I spent lots of time on camber and toe settings but you can't do much about camber in a stock car.