View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
I don't drive my 370z in winter, but I used to drive my 350z all year around.

You need a set of good snow tires, not Hankook, at least Bridgestone or TOYO.

Like steve1ddd said, traction is not really a problem, but clearance is, 2 - 3 inches is not a problem, but more than 5... you gotta be careful.

The VDC is excellent, not only twice I mention in this forum I was benefited from it helping me get out of a crash.

Overall, if you are thinking about driving the Z on snow, I'll say as long as you put on a set of good snow tires, you'll be fine.

A side note to you, if you are going to drive the Z on snow, make sure you will have an under-car wash for it often enough to make sure no salt or dirt stick on the car.
+1 car is great in the snow when driven as you should in the snow anyways. Plenty of people here in Germany use their RWD Beemers in the snow. Snow tires and responsible driving in less than 5 inches is no big deal at all. Ive got Blizzaks and ours is a daily driver.

Last edited by DLSTR; 02-19-2012 at 10:19 AM.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote