View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

I was suprised by how well my Z does in the snow with a set of Blizzaks. For full disclosure I learned and used to deliver pizzas with rear-wheel drive cars when I was in high-school, so I have a lot of experience and confidence in my winter driving ability. As has been said, the clearance is the issue and there is a splashguard just before the front tires that will get ripped off if there is any significant amount of accumulation. The bad news is it costs $400 to replace, but the good news is that it is completely useless as it only covers three bolts. I just remove it in the winter when I put my snow tires on and put it back on in the summer.

As far as stopping and turning, I feel safer in the Z with Blizzaks, VDC and ABS than I did in my Tacomas with all terrain tires. I just don't get up to speed as fast. The Z is my daily driver which I do drive in the snow regularly.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote