View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
ddlszxcv
Base Member

Drives: none
ddlszxcv is on a distinguished road
Default How is your 370z in the snow?

Do you guys even drive it or keep it in the garage? Obviously I'm not going to drive it while there's a snow storm or 5 inches of snow but I may need to use the car if it's a couple of inches and/or a day when there is a couple of inches of slush on the roads the day after snowing. I'm probably not going to get the sport package because those tires look like they have zero chance if it were to flurry. Do you guys have a separate set of winter tires?

I am just asking because I am looking to purchase a car in the next couple of months (used of course; preferably certified). I've always wanted a BMW 335i but the cost of ownership is so high especially with all the high maintenance costs when BMW's turbos and in general aren't even that reliable in the first place. That's when I decided on the BMW 328i RWD with a 6MT but they're so hard to find. 99% of them are automatics. So I decided to keep on looking around for alternatives and I never considered a 370z but after watching Top Gear and 5th Gear, it seems to have gotten really good reviews. The looks are stunning and I can see Nissan is gunning for the Cayman S which is a pretty good thing. The only "bad" thing, I'm sure you guys have heard this before, is the loud road noise and lack of rear seating but I don't really mind. The interior is also light years ahead of the 350z.

I'm not a showy person and I've never received a ticket/citation so it's not like I'm going to street race this thing. I'm 22 and I usually drive my parents' 10 year old Volvo S80 so I may need to get used to twice the power. I just graduated college and I've been working 80 hour weeks so I think I may be going through a quarter life crisis. I'll be paying for everything with my own money.
ddlszxcv is offline   Reply With Quote