View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
JoeD
Banned

Drives: Z
JoeD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
if you are building a track car, dont go with the TT. TT + track = headaches. Unless by track you mean quarter mile track.
TT + any form of driving = headaches.

I've been around long enough to know that when you turbo-charge any car that didn't come so equipped from the factory, you are introducing yourself to a slew of headaches. This is nothing against the shops and tuners that provide the kits...there are quality kits out there, so this is not on them. The fact of the matter is, once you modify a car so extensively, your ability to drive the car worry-free flies out the window. It's never running right or there is always a new problem that you have to fix every week. One day it's a wastegate issue. The next day you have a mysterious oil-leak. After that the car wont idle properly. Before you know, you just want to sell the car and hand your headache off to someone else. Why do you think you see so many highly-modded cars go up for sale just months after they are completely?

Now que the onslaught of all the "My boy has a turbo _____ and it's been problem-free for x,xxx miles!" or "My TT _____ has been perfect blah blah blah."

On top of all that, at the end of the day...the car you just spent $xx,xxx on to make fast is only as fast as a bone-stock car that would have cost you the same amount, minus all the other benefits that come with the better car, minus the headache.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote