View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what your situation is...

will back seats be something you want?

Are you an audiophile"

Are you going to mod?

What's most important to you from your driving experience?

You are talking numbers and times as a means to choosing your car? Are you a professional racer?
Do you make money from doing quarter mile runs that 10ths of a second are that important???

The Z is a much better car imho but the hyundai is very good too...
Don't let the 348hp fool you. Between the 2 cars the 274hp turbo gen will probably be the best buy on that side. The list of reasons why is too long to list. If you are considering a 3.8 na v6? I would just spend the cash and get a certified pre-owned G. Performance may match but your interior will be sooooo far ahead in quality you will laugh at the gen.
When you buy a 2.0 you are buying the realistic value of a gen. Mid 20's for a 274hp 275lb tq car that can be easily modified to 400hp with an auto transmission directly from a 430hp v8 genesis rspec. Or a newly revamped manual. The 2.0 weight is the equivalent to a Z and hyundai has most likelt fixed the old 2.0 flaws.

Going back to the Z. The Z is faster than any other "affordable"NA v6 and will most likely remain that way even after hyundai gets there 348hp on the street. The Z has a much higher mod potential buut... that mod potential is going to cost a pretty penny. Turbo is the best way to go on the Z and that's about a 15k investment once all is said and done. Handling the Z is far superior than the hyundai and even with the new tweaks... I doubt its long wheebase can change that.

Its your choice... but I would test drive both and throw the Scion FR-S and 2013 mustang GT. If you can afford about 10k extra to the Z. Go mustang BOSS 302. V8's are inherintly cheaper to mod and you get huge HP gains from simple mods.