View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #49 (permalink)
pedZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Tour/Spt/Nav/6MT
pedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
That looks cool. We have done several installations of that very cooler on 370's over here at casa onzedge and it is straightforward. We also do something extra. Even though the Z1 guys wrap their lines, we like to add a little more protection.

Get some heater hose from your local autoparts store -- hose that has an I.D. that is about the size of the cooler line's O.D. Also get some zip ties. We cut some lengths of the heater hose -- maybe 6" or so -- and then slit them lengthwise. Anywhere the oil cooler lines go around something, we put these short pieces on with zip ties for added protection from abrasion. Just a thought.

You should budget two hours or thereabouts. Good luck, man.
Thanks for the input! Funny that you mention that. I had read about the heater hose stuff in one of the threads here and bought some for that purpose.