View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the suggestions guys i tried alot of the things that were suggested, but didnt find that any of them worked, i did find that whoever had installed an alarm system on the car before had tapped into the positive battery terminal and had a wire also tapped into what looked like the harness leading back to the starter and the transmission. Upon further inspecting those wires i found that the one tied into the starter and transmission had come loose or been bitten through, reconnected it as best as i could and went to try and crank it again, only change this time after doing that was that the voltage reading in the center console stayed constant even with the key turned all the way to ignition, but still the engine would not crank. well after reading up a bit more and trying a few other troubleshooting steps the final diagnoses was the engine had ceased, so decided to cut my losses and not sink any more money into trying to get it to start. Hate to do it to such a nice looking car, but my buddy is just gonna have it hauled away. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and very good input, you don't know how much i appreciated all the feedback from this forum.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote