View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
vividracing
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 350Z,370Z,GTR
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vividracing

The symptom you're describing is that the starter isn't getting power. Have you personally confirmed that the battery is good? I've had plenty of parts bad outta the box although never a battery. Check it out anyway. I'd bet that it's a problem with resistance, though. Make sure your connections at the battery are clean and tight. Bend the wires a bit in various spots. There should be no hard spots. The whole wire should be flexible, from end to end. Hard spots = high resistance = lower ability to flow current, which means less power at the end of the wire. Also, check the connections at the starter. Check voltage at the starter as well. Lastly, check all your grounds. You should have a battery to chassis ground, and chassis to engine ground. Make sure both are clean and tight at each end, with no hard spots in the cables.

I'd drop a cap full of oil into each cylinder as well. Also, crank the car with the fuel pump disabled for a few seconds to get some oil movin' around. Honestly I'd just tow the thing to your house. It's a 24 yr old car that's been sitting for 4 or 5 yrs. Definitely needs to be gone through before being driven.

Rocky @ Vivid ♦ 480.966.3040 x236 ♦ Rocky@vividracing.com
Email, PM, or call me directly for aggressive The370Z.com member pricing!!!
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote