View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
corbin09
Track Member

Drives: 370z
corbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Differential discovery!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that there may be a cheaper alternative for those of us that are looking at differentials.

We had a VLSD from a 350 laying around so we played with it, and it worked. All you need is the longer stub from the 350z or 370z with vlsd.

We had to slightly modify the stub by grinding down the tip of it SLIGHTLY but everything fit and worked without any issues.

So all in all, this would be a good bang for the buck mod for those with a base model. I spend 135.xx on the stub, and 100 on the diff. So for under 250.00 with fluid I went from an open diff to a vlsd oem unit.

Hope someone finds this useful, let me know if you have any questions, and if you do not want to modify your stub, we can also work something out to where I can manufacture plug and play stubs for those if you need them and dont feel like measuring and grinding anything.

Mods if this is in the wrong place please delete but I couldnt think of anywhere better to put it.
corbin09 is offline   Reply With Quote