View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
A 24,000$ GTI can have a DCT transmission called a DSG. So I doubt it cost 10k for just the DCT transmission and 14k for the rest of the GTI. Anyways my point I don't think it's a cost issue with Nissan. Nissan is just goes about things in an unorthodox way. Look at the GTR, I mean change is good but since 2009 when released, Nissan has changed something on the car whether it be mechanical or cosmetic every single year since 09 which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
I mean let the car run its course for at least an extra year or so. If you buy a GTR I am sure you will be upset when Nissan adds something within months of your purchase.

Are you seriously comparing the GTI DSG to the GT-R transmission??? The guys were right about tacking 10k to the price because of the type of DCT the Z would need. This would drive the price to levels most people wouldn't want to pay for this type of car. I honestly think the Z is already there. In my book the Z is overpriced. Its a great car but overpriced. Adding DCT will just completely kill sales.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote