View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
The 7AT is very quick and responsive when it's in Manual mode. Honestly even if there were a DCT I really don't see the car being a better performer in significance. I've seen sluggish AT and the Z is not one of them.
Well, there would be some advantages to DCT you're not thinking about. On the minimal... we wouldn't have a torque converter which would make our shifts smoother and more seamless than right now... no harsh 1-2-3. Exhaust note would sound better. And finally, when we modify to turbo, our transmissions would have a higher threshold before needing to be modified. Considering we had the GTR transmission or one similar to the EVO. We'd be good for 600hp on our stock tranny. The Z would be hella worth having a DCT in my book.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote