View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #1651 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Had my Evo-R diffuser removed today so it could be sanded down and repainted, thus ridding myself of that pesky paint bubble!

Can you believe the guy at the shop initially tried to convince me that the paint bubble was "material" that was left over from the manufacturing process, and more specifically was from the release of the product from the mold. He then went on to tell me that if he grinds the "material" down, that the diffuser "is going to get porous"!

I was all like and said...ummmm, I'm pretty sure this piece was smooth when I gave it to you. In fact, I'm going to reach out to the group I belong to and inquire about this because they have purchased great numbers of these diffusers and will certainly give me the lowdown on the quality of the finish.

So at this point the gentleman brought his paint guys out, conferred over the piece and determined that, yes, it could be fixed but the peice would have to be removed from the car. I was all like...."so"? He then went on to say the peice would have to be entirely redone. I was all like...."so"?

Guess what the guy did next? He actually went on to change the subject, and asked me if my new exhaust had come in yet. I was all like... and said "I guess we're at a bit of a stalemate regarding this piece, what are we going to do about it"? So then the dude kneeled down and began removing the diffuser.

I'll have it back and installed in two day's time.

Thanks for taking the time to read about my fun!

Yes, it is very FUN to read, I like how that dude try to change the subject, he might think he is acting in a sitcom or something, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srenity View Post
Man I can not believe I missed all the trash talk. I come to the forum to get away from the garbage business and come to find more garbage talk....go figure. FYI I manage a landfill for a living. It's okay to talk bad about the hauling guys though they piss us off at the landfill all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
We have to supply our own trash cans, but the city supplies recycle bins. I'm lucky enough to live in a housing development where the homes are twenty or twenty-5 feet part, and as such I have a lattice-fenced area to snug the cans up in to.

Don't feel bad Mr. Onzedge, I find my garbage cans not only in front of my driveway, but sometimes in the street...sometimes the lids are three or 4 houses away (and in the street)!

We have all the bins supplied by the city, think that's good?? NOPE, they choose/decide the size of the bins for you, one per type, you lost it or if the wind blows it somewhere, sorry, buy another from the city.

The good about the organic-bin(the one for wasted food), is that it has a handle/lock, the purpose is to prevent the raccoon to open it, however, couple months after they change to this kind of bin, we notice the raccoon figured out how to open it!!