Thread: Sweet Spot
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
DYNAZOR
Base Member

Drives: '15 370Z Solid Red
DYNAZOR will become famous soon enoughDYNAZOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
I have a question. I have a 2009 CY 7AT. I have had the car since September and overall I love my Z and I am %110 satisfied with my choice vehicle and everything. But I have a question about the gas peddle. I have owned quite a few cars in my 26 years on this earth. This car being the first with a floor mounted gas peddle though. Anywho most days my Z is a blast to drive and some days more of a hassle. I have a certain pair of shoes i wear more because i have too because if I dont wear these shoes when i drive the car doesn't feel as responsive. When I take off the car is slow and the transmission shifts kinda jerky like. When I have on my driving shoes as I like to call them and my foot and is on the peddle a certain way it is all good i take off the transmisson shifts smooth and feels peppy. I give it gas and it responds no matter how fast or slow I am going. And if I dont have the driving shoes on then it is the exact opposite. Does anyone else have this problem and if so has anyone found a solution. And before anyone post about my car being an automatic or anything smart or rude like that I am seriously looking for an answer to a problem that is making it difficult to enjoy my Z everytime I drive it.
I've had a '12 370Z base/sport 7AT for about 10 days now, and I think I know exactly what you are talking about, because that's the way I was going to describe what I am experiencing so far, so you are not alone. I only wear either Skechers or sandals so I experience the symptom all the time. I was wondering if there were some kind of problem with the tranny but I think that maybe that's just the way it is with that trans' design. I'm thinking that maybe it has something to do with the variable valve timing/fuel squeezing goals. It might have even happened when I test drove another Z before I bought the car, but I'm just not sure. Anyway, I think I'll mention it to the dealer and ask him to let me drive a different one just to be sure it is a common condition.
DYNAZOR is offline   Reply With Quote