Thread: Sweet Spot
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

Almost all of the cars that I've owned have had a top pivot gas pedal. I found the bottom pivot pedal of the Z a bit of a problem at first. With a bottom pivot pedal you may need to reposition your foot a bit (compared to a top pivot pedal) to allow smoother operation of the pedal. Try putting the bottom of your heel on the floor at the pedal pivot point and position the ball of your foot on the center line of the pedal (the ball of your foot should now be centered somewhere on the upper half of the pedal) and operate the pedal with with a rocking motion pivoting on your heel. Only after I made this minor change did I realize that I had been operating the pedal by sort of laying my foot on the floor and placing my toe at the very bottom of the pedal (this allowed me to easily swing my foot between the brake and the gas without lifting my foot from the floor which is kind of nice in heavy traffic), which works fine on a top pivot pedal but sucks for a bottom pivot pedal and makes it difficult to smoothly modulate the pedal.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Guard Dad; 02-15-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Guard Dad is offline   Reply With Quote