View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #13355 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds interesting...

2 weeks before I shipped my car from Germany, my landlord took the turn into the driveway too wide and went corner to corner with my left rear bumper. Looks like someone kicked the hell out of it, nothing major but about a cantalope sized dent with some scratches.

The shitty thing was like I said, I left in two weeks so I didn't have time for a drawn out car insurance battle... So I was like just give me 500 Euro (~650 Dollars) For the replacement costs... and he was like no no, insurance... I was like I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THAT. So ended up talking to his insurance, and the German way is you have the part ordered, and replaced, repainted and all. Then you send them the reciepts from all that and they reimburse you. So I was like GAY. I don't have time for this sh*t.

So long story, not as long... Once I got back to the states, did some searchin and managed to find a rear bumber (part), primed, painted, clear coated, shipped to my door for $380. Normally I couldn't find the part alone for less than $400. Now I'm just waiting for the da*ned car to get here so I can swap bumpers, and trade the thing in for my ZZZZ.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14