View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
My_third_Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Blue 09 370z
My_third_Z has a spectacular aura aboutMy_third_Z has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Z View Post
My install with similar focal speakers (K2P) should be completed this weekend. Like the sub you chose but due to its size I went with an 8" sub. I fiberglassed an enclosure that houses the sub, amp, and signal processor located in the hatch area foam piece. I am running an active system using a bitTen signal processor.

Space is limited in this Z for large sub(s), amp, etc. You may have to forgo the spare,jack, and foam inserts to create a sub box adequate for that sub and amp, and signal processor. Your sound system should sound great!
I was just out trying to fit the stuff in different configurations. I'm at a loss right now how it's all going to fit in there. I definitely don't want to lose the spare, but other than that, I'm fine taking all the free space. The sub is going to be mounted inside out. That will help cut down on the amount of air space required since the basket and magnet structure will be outside.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to have the amps and processor on the shelf behind the seats. They'll all fit there, but I was wanting to have the processor centered between the seats and the 4 channel amp makes that impossible.
My_third_Z is offline   Reply With Quote