View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Speedy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: check my signature
Speedy will become famous soon enough
Default Tune Questions - Need some data

I'm hoping someone (maybe one of the tuners) can answer a couple of basic questions for me on Z tunes.

I have experience with tuning so don't be afraid to get technical.

How does the spark advance look on a stock 370z? What's the max it's set to? I'm curious about this since it's tuned to 91 octane. We have 93 in my area so I figure there's some more in there and curious what it is stock.

How much timing are you guys usually able to add over stock? I know it's different from car to car, but if you've done a few it should show trends. On the Challenger we usually see 15-20HP gains for every degree of timing added.

Also, same question on the WOT AFR. I'm seeing some dynos showing it to be 12.0 - 12.3, but that appears to be read at the tail pipe which is affected by the cats a bit.

I'm reading you can switch between maps on the fly using the cruise control button? Does that disable cruise control or does that still function? That's a very slick feature as I have to carry a tuner in the glove box of my Challenger to hook up and swap tunes and it has to be done offline with a couple of key cycles.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote