View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

@kdo2milger, does this make you feel better? :P

@dainedazz, thanks! I caught some great eD deals that saved me hundreds with this build. You should definitely try to prewire the box and run the cables a couple of feet longer. I use distribution blocks (4AWG to 8AWG) attached underneath the box. Slide the box in and wire/tighten the cables from inside the car. Honestly, it was PITA. The idea of routing the cables through the center console (shifter/storage) was an excellent idea, and it was not as tedious. I routed audio connections on one side, and power on the other. It seems to have paid off because I've not heard any noise or static... but then the exhaust is loud so I can't quite tell if there is any noise.

@bigaudiofanat, everything powers up fine. I soldered the ground wires together and found a single bolt behind the navi compartment to tie the grounds together. SWI-PAC ground is common with it, and I also soldered the IGN (red) wires together as well. I did a power up test without anything connected to program the module before plugging into the vehicle harness, but I never saw any LED flash. I may pull the module out and try to power it alone, but I've not been able to get around to working on it. :-(