View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #114 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
Not worth it, money much better kept in the bank or other investments.
I couldn't disagree more. I put in the K&N Typhoon's (Short RAM), the Throttle Response has improved dramatically. Yes, because of the improved performance, I am having so much fun opening her up, that I am actually using more gas, but that is a conscious decision - If I wanted to, I could keep my foot out of it, play it real easy, and I'd probably see some modest Mileage Gains - but then I bought a Z, not a "Prius" - FUN is the objective, not "gas mileage". All of this said, the note from the exhaust upon acceleration alone is worth the modification!

Next mod - High Flow Cats and Cat Back Exhaust. And then, the engine will be breathing as efficiently as it can be...! I can't wait for the even more improved performance, and the better note.

By the way, DYNO day is March 24th. I'll get you hard results then with just the K&N Typhoons (a friend's Z), and then with all mods (My Z)...

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers