View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #31 (permalink)
Knux
Base Member

Drives: NA
Knux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax1269 View Post
does anyone know if you can upgrade the hard drive? from the little 9.3gb to say something bigger? 32gb? or even what type of file system it is? can't seem to find any info on this at all.
I think I read somewhere that it was a samsung HDD (sadly not a SSD).
I was thinking about doing the same thing to my NAV/Music Box but I figured that since everything is SO integrated (Radio/SAT/TEMP/NAV/M-BOX/TouchScreen) I'd be hard pressed.

I've read about ppl disabling the parking break safety and running a small computer (or of sorts) through the provided AUX composite inputs. Disabling is safefy feature is illegal to do though.

There is actually a product called CAMP2 that is made to work with an AUX input to provide engine information from a diagnostic panel under the passangers feet area.

As for more space, the Music Box can rip songs in two bit rates. It is factory set at the higher bit rate which you can change. Also, connecting an ipod/itouch/iphone is nicely setup on the touchscreen. It will not charge the itouch or iphone while plugged in without an adapter but work just the same. (you can buy one at Best Buy or many other electronic stores)
Knux is offline   Reply With Quote