View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
vo2max99
Base Member

Drives: 08MS3-BM-6MT
vo2max99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Cool, I will look for it thanks. Yeah I know I will miss it, it's the best car I've ever owned. Had an '05 Evo VIII before the S and while it was much faster and had more grip ... it was not nearly as fun. I am sort of envisioning the Z as somewhere between S2000 and Evo.

Nice. Thanks for the info. Yes I'm going to hate giving up the feel of the S' handling but time for a new car I think. I've read a lot lately on the Z's and it's funny the things the reviews complain about like comfort, interior space, noise and visibility are all greatly improved over the S2000 (visibility with the top up on the S of course).

Well the dealer still has not called with my Z, so I have time to think about it ... I did warn them I may change my mind if the took too long, LOL.
Comfort, Noise, Interior and visibility are vastly better in the Z vs. S2K?

Of course this is a manner of opinion but I think most would agree the S2K's seats are far better than the seats in the Z and are very comfortable. Now if you're talking strictly long distance traveling I couldn't tell you because the longest I've driven either is less than about an hour.

Interior space? The S2K has plenty of "interior space" as far as most people are concerned I would guess. I don't see this being an issue at all unless your 250+lbs. As far as the interior in general I would say without question the S2K has a nicer interior.

Noise? Yes the S2K is pretty loud at high RPM but it sounds good at RPM unlike the Z which sounds / feels like its strained / going to blow up.

Visibility? Top down the visibility is the S2K isn't bad at all and top down its of course phenomenal. I found the visibility in the Z to be more troubling although not exactly terrible as long as you pay attention.

Overall if I had to choose I'd go with a CPO S2K because it's just a more fun / rewarding car to drive plus you can get a very low mileage CPO for 25K and lower which is a steal. I'm not sure if I'd rather go with an MX-5 though because the MX-5 is just as fun but not as rough around the edges so it probably makes for a better daily driver. The S2K is a bit too high strung at times and that may become a little annoying at times.
vo2max99 is offline   Reply With Quote