View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
DYNAZOR
Base Member

Drives: '15 370Z Solid Red
DYNAZOR will become famous soon enoughDYNAZOR will become famous soon enough

Hey Kid, sorry about your windshield.

I have used Safelite 3 times now, twice in NY state for my '89 Bronco II, and once about 5 years ago here in San Diego on my '04 Altima. They were very good in each case. And they're fast, always have a good supply of various windshields on hand or in the area nearby, and do good work. I found their price to be lower than expected (and NY mandates glass coverage in the comprehensive, no deductable, so I paid NOTHING for the NY repairs.

I had all three repairs done at a facility of theirs rather than on-site, and had no appointment in any of these repairs.

I think you should feel OK with Safelite doing the work. Just keep in mind that every facility is different, with technicians of different experience levels and attitudes, so you may get a clunker, but if so, they will make it right for you. The only little things I had to nit-pick over were on the Altima: some of the broken glass shards were missed by the vaccuum, and little dab of the black sealing compound remained on the rubber seal surrounding the windshield, and I kind of smeared it on the roof a little because I didn't see it.

Let us know how it went for you if you let Safelite do the job.
DYNAZOR is offline   Reply With Quote