View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #1505 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Yah, that's why I edited to reflect the Gen 2 Stillens.
woah, you a ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAvenue View Post
Nice. That's pretty much the same as my MBP. Dual 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 250GB HDD and 13.3 display. It's just an awesome notebook as you are well aware.

I took it apart yesterday and found corrosion on the logic board (pic attached). The good news is that I can replace it. The bad news is that a new board will cost $500-700. The price seemed high but when I factored in the dual CPU's and new GPU that's included with it, the price actually seemed kind of fair. The wife has given me her blessing to order it but I honestly feel bad after installing the Koni's ~2 weeks ago.

Good morning all.
ahh, i opened mine up twice to increase ram and also to add the 2nd HD. i luv my mbp, it's been really great. yep, for $700 i would just get a new one and keep that one for spare parts if you can clean the other bits and salvage them.