View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #1503 (permalink)
dAvenue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: angry
dAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
that sucks. been really liking my mbp i bought last summer. it's a 13.3" i5 with 2.3GHz (?) 8G RAM with dual harddrives for my photo's and music recording and virtual instruments. works great too.
Nice. That's pretty much the same as my MBP. Dual 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 250GB HDD and 13.3 display. It's just an awesome notebook as you are well aware.

I took it apart yesterday and found corrosion on the logic board (pic attached). The good news is that I can replace it. The bad news is that a new board will cost $500-700. The price seemed high but when I factored in the dual CPU's and new GPU that's included with it, the price actually seemed kind of fair. The wife has given me her blessing to order it but I honestly feel bad after installing the Koni's ~2 weeks ago.

Good morning all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logicboard.jpg (807.6 KB, 4 views)