Thread: Bad Rotor?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
370Dave
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z SL M6
370Dave is on a distinguished road
Default Bad Rotor?

Hello all,

I recently had an incident where the drivers side of my car came in violent contact with a concrete curb. After $11K in insurance company money the car is repaired and pretty much back to normal. However, I am hearing a very light squeaking sound coming from the Front Drivers side wheel when I am driving slow. I only hear it if there is a nearby wall for the sound to reflect off of. The actual wheel was replaced as part of the repair process. This weekend I lifted the front, drivers side of the car and hand spun the wheel and was able to make the squeaking sound.

I also get audible humming/grinding noise/slight vibration when I turn the steering wheel to the right at any speed of 20+ mph. While I had the car up this weekend I turned the wheel very slowly and could feel the the brakes making contact with the rotor and then off and then back on. Feels like the rotor is ever so slightly warped. I also drove the car before doing this to make sure the rotors were clear of any "morning after" rust.

Clearly the rotor needs to be turned or replaced to eliminate the squeaking. My question is, would the drivers side rotor being warped cause the car to make the grinding noise/slight vibration when making a turn opposite the bad rotor. When I turn to the right, the cars weight would go to the left side, so this makes sense, but I thought I would toss this question at you guys to see what you think.

Dave
370Dave is offline   Reply With Quote