View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #69 (permalink)
Q8y_drifter
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G35 5AT
Q8y_drifter is on a distinguished road

I have this from factory on my 08 G35 HR sedan.
It comes STOCK on all G35's, G37's, 350Z's and 370Z's of ALL years in the GCC as well as Australia.

The HR and VHR have two passages for coolant circulation. G/Z's without this cooler have the passages blocked (A block off plate is used on the lower passage under Bank 1 exhaust manifold, and the heater pipe installed on the second passage consists of 2 pipes instead of 3).

Now, cars that have this cooler pre-installed have a pipe instead of a block off plate and a different upper pipe with 3 exits instead of 2.

There is also a bunch of smaller pipes and hoses leading all the way to the sandwich adapter in front of the engine block as shown below in the circled area.

As far as cooling efficiency, it's crap. Don't waste your money on it. In fact if you have it, I suggest you remove all of this junk and get a proper 19/25/34 row Setrab cooler. Average coolant temps on our cars are only a little less than oil temps, therefore not much actual cooling will be seen when you introduce hot oil to slightly cooler coolant and in such a small area where heat is allowed to transfer.
Furthermore, there is no way you can install the lower pipe without removing the driver's side header, which as we all know is a pain in the *** and will take a lot of time and $$ to do.

Note: I took those pics off the net, credit goes to the owner not me.
08 G35 5AT Sedan | Stillen CBE | Invidia HFC | Injen CAI | Uprev Tune | Akebono BBK | Tanabe Coilovers | Hotchkis Sway Bars | GTSpec FSB | Black Headlights & Grille | Volk GT-F Wheels | Hankook V12 Evo Tires
Q8y_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote