View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking about that. I wash my covers per the instructions that come with the cover. The ones I have say to wash the cover with soapy water without wax and allow to dry.

I've found the easiest and best way it to wash it while it is on my SUV then let it dry on there. Then I have to take it off and wash the SUV because a little of that dirt did pass throught the cover.

The new water proof cover I have for the Z can be washed on the Z and then dried. You still have the wash the car afterwards due to the moisture but, no dirt makes it through to the paint on the Z. That cover still breathes but, it doesn't pass dirt for some reason. It was a $70 ebay special that I will call up again.

Years of playing with these things.... I cover all my sports cars.... BUT, you have to wash the covers every so often depending if it's an indoor, outdoor, or indoor/ outdoor cover.

The above poster is correct that there is a science to this that you would not understand at first.

Note - I always trifold to the center and roll from front to back on the car when I take off the cover. To install it's always place on the trunk roll out the cover towards the front and unfold.

It all about system....

Sorry, the hard to read post...however, it should be good info. Out
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote