View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
LakeShow
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Everything
LakeShow is a splendid one to beholdLakeShow is a splendid one to beholdLakeShow is a splendid one to beholdLakeShow is a splendid one to beholdLakeShow is a splendid one to beholdLakeShow is a splendid one to beholdLakeShow is a splendid one to beholdLakeShow is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
You have made a very valid statement that rarely gets asked and mostly overlooked!

Breathing mods: intake & exhaust components cannot be compounded. They will compliment each other.

Let's say intakes give you 15 alone, HFC's give you 15 alone and a CBE will give you another 15 alone. All together you will not see 45 at the wheels. Those three numbers together would be compounded.

It is real simple proven fact. The more air (cold) air an engine can take in and the faster and more efiecent you can get the exhaust out, the more power you will make!

Now most people for a number of reasons like to only do one mod at a time. If this is the case, always start with the cat back exhaust system. All of these cars come choked up from the factory. Let that exhaust out and let that engine breathe. Sure you can do an intake first but whats the point if you are taking in more air but not letting any more exhaust out!

I hope this sheds some light.

Thanks, Tony
Thanks that makes a lot of sense. I will probably wait on the air mods for later(Intakes, Filters, etc). I will very soon be doing the CBE and HFC at the same time as you have said and I've read that are the most restrictive parts of the entire car. Will contact you Tony if I decide to go Fast Intentions set up. Thanks Tony for the information.
LakeShow is offline   Reply With Quote