View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #58 (permalink)
ZInferno0248
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo SC'd
ZInferno0248 will become famous soon enough

Tell your dad not to feel bad, this happened to me leaving my driveway (I live in the country on a farm). I always had the VDC off in the past, it shuts the car down if you get any wheel spin (which used to annoy me). I hit the gas coming out from a roll, shifted into 2nd (the engine reached boost), hit some gravel, and the rear end came around ridiculously fast. I counter-steered and corrected, but let off the gas at the same time and the rear end swung out the other direction. By then, I hit the edge of the grass on the side of the narrow country road... grass is slick, no grab for the 2nd counter-steer. Slid sideways through the fence and ditch into my cow pasture

The ground effects on a Nismo are more expensive than you'd expect!

It's all better now, but I was on time-out for a month while the Z sat at the body-shop. I'm happy you guys are ok and the car isn't worse off. Blame driver error, VDC, conditions, religion or what-ever you want, it really doesn't matter... even when you think you know the car and what to expect, it can still surprise you. There is probably only two kinds of sports-car drivers: The kind that have crashed and the kind that are going to crash. The key is to learn from the experience and those of others.
2010 370Z Nismo, Silver / GTM Stage-1 SC / Custom Tune / GTM Oil Cooler / FI Resonated Test Pipes / FI CBE / Alpine HU / Focal's / JL AMP & Sub / AP Racing BBK / TTA TE-37's / RE-11's / KW V3's / SPC Camber Arms / Whiteline Sways

Last edited by ZInferno0248; 02-12-2012 at 09:40 PM.