View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Kenwood and Elemental Designs Install...

Hello everyone! Here is my completed install from last weekend. The installation was quite tedious especially in the hot and humid weekend weather experienced. I've tested a DVD, and the bass output is very much like a home theater subwoofer (deep!). I'm still trying to tune the sub to improve electric bass and kick drum sounds (punchiness). Apparently the current setup seems to respond too well with hip hop and electronic music in which the bass is deep and strong.

[EDIT] SWI-JACK is now working. It's finally getting power for some odd reason. After following the online instructions, I've got the controls for MUTE (source isn't useful), VOL UP/DWN, and TRACK UP/DWN. The control response is a tad slow, but it works well nonetheless.

[EDIT] e5.12 started to fail, so it was replaced with a JL 12W6v2.

Current Hardware:
12" Subwoofer Enclosure by CustomBoxMan
2x Elemental Designs NINE.2 Amplifiers
1x JL Audio 12W6v2
Diamond Hex S600s
Kenwood DDX-814 DVD Receiver
PAC SWI-JACK

FYI: Changing Kenwood Startup Image
- To enter setup Mode, Press and hold [SOURCE] & [VOL DOWN] keys, then press [RESET] Key.
- Release [RESET] key, and hold [SOURCE] & [VOL DOWN] Key until illumination activates.
- Connect the USB Thumb drive containing image file. All files must be in the root directory.
- If you want to change the opening image to your own image (i.e., company logo), Press [OEM Image].
- The [OEM Image] will be grayed out till files are seen on USB device.
- If you want to put original KENWOOD opening back, press KENWOOD image.
- Select the image you want to use.
- When the image is loaded, select [Enter] Your new opening will remain for few seconds and then switch to the Source Select menu.

DDX-814 with Custom Startup Image:

NINE.2 Amplifiers mounted on the back of the subwoofer enclosure.

View from the hatch. I still have room for beer and stuff :-)

Last edited by DIGItonium; 05-27-2015 at 10:05 AM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote