View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
OKC Z
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z-$old 9/1/12
OKC Z is on a distinguished road

I took y'alls advice and talked to Joe. Hes a great guy all ( gayness aside) lol I asked all kinds of questions. First I asked him about the going into gear without using the clutch. He said its very possible if rpms are at a certain level. Well mine was going in regardless of rpm as long as it was in motion. I asked him about the master. He said the stock is a piece of caca that when the stock one goes the pedal will just drops. He mention there MIGHT be an aftermarket in the works. I asked about the freeplay on the pedal at the very top and first half coming from the floor. he said its common because of the clamping power of the pressure plate. I asked him about the chatter/ clatter he said its to be expected when going from a heavier 2 piece flywheel with dampers to a lighter 1 piece without dampers. To me personally the south bend is little quieter or maybe just as loud as the stock at idle only. I asked for the break in milage for the kevlar and he said 500-700. Well after talking to him a couple days later as soon as I hit 550 I did a couple pulls on 2 to 3rd and 4th shifting @ 6500 it was fast and smooth engagement. After that the going into gears without using clutch wasnt there no more. Leads me to believe mine could of been sticking some. Also I asked Joe what he thought about removing the spring on the pedal. He said he would leave it on. He said it helps keeping the pedal down and coming up faster. So im leaving mine on. In conclusion I was wondering if any if had encountered any of this side effects from this kit. I have nothing negative to say about the kit or much less Joe. This kit is a total different animal and it took me some getting used after using the stock. Its really grabby but smooth under acceleration. Its a must have if stock goes out or grow scared like me cause all the slave cylinder horror stories.

Last edited by OKC Z; 02-12-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: grammar.
OKC Z is offline   Reply With Quote