View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #85 (permalink)
zinistr
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nismo - Silver
zinistr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to zinistr

Bob,

I worked hand in hand with a couple Middle TN members who were able to lend a hand (i.e. Jesse Larrison) throughout the planning and execution of the 2010 event. Nissan asked us to put the event on in Nashville for a very specific reason - we elected to handle it ourselves as Middle TN wasn't (to your statement) ready to do so just yet.

Your desire not to attend future events is noted, unfortunate, but at the same time fine with me, as I feel your toxic manner towards issues that arise doesn't represent the community that I and others (i.e. Bryan with ZDayZ...one regional event that you mentioned) try to instill in Z events.

At no time did I or anyone on the ZCCA committee blame the Middle TN group for the trophy issue. It was a mistake which was admitted to at the event and afterward. It's time to stop spreading false rumors, move on....or get involved to impact positive change for future events. I've shared my phone number numerous times in case you'd like to get away from your keyboard and start acting a true concerned enthusiast trying to help improve the quality of the ZCON event.

As Lenny aptly pointed out, you haven't been on a single ZCON committee and therefore cannot understand how to run a 6-day Z event requiring 12 months of planning...especially one which occurs with widely different venues year-to-year, in different regions of North America each year, and gets executed by a different committee with attendees from multiple countries.

No level of ranting will ever put you on equal playing field with the teams of volunteers that have donated their time over the past 24 years to keep the ZCON event going. It's a bit disrespectful to everyone who works to put these events on to try and convince folks that you can do it better from behind a desk without ever having participated on a ZCON committee.

I have a pretty full life with a family and career let alone my involvement with the ZCCA which involves correspondence with thousands of Z enthusiasts per year via phone, email, and in person participation at a variety of events across the country. If you'd care to get me to "weigh in" on something I may have missed in course of living my life, try calling me...you've had the number for 2+ years.

Chris
440-343-1664
1970 Datsun 240z (HLS #201) & '71 240z "Zuns Z"
1991 300zx TT 'ZINISTR' & '93 300zx Vert TT "MASTR"
1994 300zx Vert 'BREEZZY' & 1995 300zx Z32 Coupe
2009 NISMO Edition 370Z, Silver #196
zinistr is offline   Reply With Quote