View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #66 (permalink)
keb370z
Base Member

Drives: '11 M6 Sport in Blue
keb370z is on a distinguished road

I'm 5'7". My husband is 5'9". And yes, we both got used to it. The big front end, the bad visibility, sitting so low, everything. Once you get used to it you will not be able to go back.

I held on to my GTI for about 6 months after buying the Z, and every time I drove it, I thought HOW COULD I HAVE LOVED THIS CAR SO MUCH. It felt loose, bouncy, and I felt so exposed, like I was riding on top of horse with nothing around me

Screw the quart of oil. You don't need it. I got rid of my spare as well (two subs live there now).

The rev matching can get annoying at first. But it's AWESOME in stop and go traffic, and awesome when you want to play around.

If you don't go with the devil, he'll nag you for eternity. The angel will accept her failure and go bug someone else.

I was in the same position as you, and I went with the devil knowing if it didn't work out, I could always trade it in and say oh well, it was worth a try. You only live once.

And I'm not sure if this matters, but it took two test drives in the Z for me since it was so different from anything I had ever owned (all VWs). The first test drive was, "Wow, this is awesome. I think I might love this. But I can't see a thing, how can I adjust this seat? And it's really fast, oh no I think I just wet myself. And is someone in my blind spot oh god!" The second test drive was, "OMG MUST HAVE."

Last edited by keb370z; 02-10-2012 at 10:45 AM.
keb370z is offline   Reply With Quote