View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Interesting... I've had 5 sets of single stage painted wheels on my cars over the last few years and never had any issues with any of them.

As a matter of fact, I had a set of powder coated RPF1's and the faces of them started chipping after the wheel was pulled on an off a few times.

Single staging is more durable than base + clear, not to mention it allows you to have an unlimited array of colors opposed to the premixed colors of powder.

The body shop that did my wheels does them for $250, and they custom mixed my color.

Maybe I've just had bad experiences with PC wheels... but personally... I would single stage paint them.
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote