View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #46 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telephone View Post
I drove the GTI tonight.

It is a very nice car with some very nice and clever features...both electronic & ergonomic. This is no Honda Civic. The salesman knew the car in & out...which helped because I found the electronics a little overwhelming and somewhat distracting. The interior is VERY well built, but it was sadly identical to the interior of the Jetta. The seats are comfy, sporty, and very adjustable. The visibility is good, but I felt that I was driving a mini mini-van...if that makes sense. It handled the road well, and the turbo motor was peppy. Although the motor had plenty of power, I now realize why GTI guys flash their ECUs. I did notice the lapse before the turbo would take over. Driving a turbo is new for me. The GTI drove very smooth and quiet at 85 on the highway. 80% of my driving is highway BTW. I drove the 6spd manual, and it shifted/engaged/disengaged very smoothly. Oil changes will be simple as the filter is top mounted, right next to the cam cover. It also has a timing chain...no belt!!

Overall it's a great car, but I'm not convinced yet. It was like a first date with a girl...not sure if I'm going to call her again...but she was a really nice & cute girl. She might be more compatible and better off with another guy though.

Tomorrow night (Thursday), I drive the 370Z. It's what I've been thinking about all week. The dealer is 2 hours away. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you all for your comments and support.
You're going to love the Z. Its a completely different animal. RWD feels so much better than FWD.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote