View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
yellogixxer
Base Member

Drives: 07 C6 M6 Cpe
yellogixxer will become famous soon enoughyellogixxer will become famous soon enough
Question Most Costly Repair

I am a new Z owner. Bought her less than a month ago. I was looking for new, but they had a used '11 with the colors and options I wanted (grey, touring, sports) and less than 1,800 miles. They are repainting the front bumper to get rid of the stone chips, which are the only defects. Other than that, I figured the car was like new only cheaper.

Anyway, sitting at the closing table I opted for the dealer's extended warrantee coverage, which I never go for because I feel it is a waste. Since the Z was the most expensive car I've bought to date, and because it was previously owned, I went for it. Now that I've gotten to know her a bit, done my first oil change, and put on a couple thousand miles, I am comfortable that the car is sound.

I want to drop the extended coverage, and get close to 3k back. I have another 30 days to decide and still get a full refund. I don't see too many major issues discussed on here and I wanted to get an idea of what may typically go wrong and what it costs to fix. Electrical issues would be my primary concern, bacause if a control module or nav unit go, I couldn't do anything but pay up.

We do drive a lot, and plan to have well over 100k on the car in the next 5 years and I do most work and repairs myself.

What do you think?
yellogixxer is offline   Reply With Quote