View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Telephone
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Sport M6
Telephone is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all of the responses and info. Your feedback seems to split 50/50, which was what I was afraid of. I've scheduled a test drive for the GTI tomorrow, and Thursday for the 370Z. I know now that the test drive(s) will be my deciding factor.

I also realize that they are totally different cars, but they are the only ones that I'm interested in at this time. I want to buy new. I don't have any junk to haul around. This dream car is for me...not for girls. I rarely have a single passenger.

Import Convert - As for the cheaper insurance rates in Cali, I have a clean driving record and I'm 32...but I'll never consider buying a home here. So there is a tradeoff. BTW, if you don't want kids...get a vasectomy! Best decision I ever made. I was 26, and the procedure was easy and $350. Parenthood just isn't for me.

hdskull - Yes I know our roads are not the best. And you're right about the nice features on the GTI. I like fog lamps, sunroof, heated seats, plus those other features you mentioned. The GTI will also allow tire rotations. But when I add more options to the GTI, I get closer and closer to the Base price of a 370Z.

rxdo - I know the GTI has potential. But the money it takes to make the GTI as fast as the 370z...I could use that money torwards a 370z. I have a bike to go fast on. Both of these cars are quick enough for my needs. Besides, I want to stay as far from the RICE scene as possible.

elmz - I did not take the width of the 370z into consideration. Thanks for bringing that up. Parking the 370z will cause me much anxiety, I think.

gsxr750 - I couldn't tell if you were joking or not. I'm only considereing the GTI & 370z at this time. How the weather in NY? We're riding all year here.

Thanks guys. I'll report back...
Telephone is offline   Reply With Quote