View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Face
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG M6 S/T
Face is on a distinguished road

I'm 30, married, no plans for kids.

I just traded in my GTI VR6 for the sport/touring 370. There's definitely less practicality with the Z. The hatch is pretty shallow, you can't stand up wine bottles in mine if they're toward the rear, the hatch will hit them. That's a little off-putting, but none of that matters when I'm driving it. It's basically my dream car.

My GTI was solid for 7 years, but I was approaching 95k and things were starting to go wrong, and electrical issues were going from "annoying" to "downright aggravating".

One of the first posters was saying something about if you want power in a straight line, go GTI.. but you'll need to dump some money into it to get it, and then again you're dealing with FI. Plus, that sounds like more of a recognition that they're not the best cornering cars around. They come out of the box with 200hp, front wheel drive and a fat serving of understeer. Much different than the Z. Mine was 174 stock, a little over 200 with mods, and a good 2 sec slower than the 370.

I know the new GTIs are FAR BETTER than my old MKIV, but I did everything short of FI to mine (H&R suspension, front and rear sways, chip, exhaust... everything.) and though a ton of fun to drive and own, it couldn't hold a candle to the Z.

Old:

Goodbye:

New:

Last edited by Face; 02-07-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote