View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #117 (permalink)
yaheard
Base Member

Drives: 6MT Monterrey Blue Z
yaheard will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
This is very true. But, who is the person to question credibility? Smart budgeting can mean live in a nice apartment and drive a Z or own a home and drive a civic. Does one path make you a better person vs the other?

Living the "American Dream" is expensive. If you have the cash to do it without any debt, then more power to you. I'm happy for you, actually. But, it doesn't make you any more credible then me. I'm a single man in my 20's. I earn just shy of 70k a year. I rent and drive a brand new Z and have no credit card debt. Does that make the next guy better than me?
You looked too far into that quote. Im not questioning credibility nor judging anybody or saying one thing or the other. Im just saying....

@Cmike
I paid off my school loans myself while I was still in school and I am the person on the hook for my Z and Im 23 right now. I was fortunate to have an internship and job that allowed me to do that. I am very thankful for that. Doesnt make me better/worse than somebody else. Again, I wasnt saying any hidden meaning or judging people. Life happens sometimes and expenses happen, but also remember there are people that are in the same situations with the economy and financial situations and are not upside down on their house/car etc etc. It just boils down to personal choices, situations. Not everybody is the same, doesnt make anyone better or worse.

Last edited by yaheard; 02-07-2012 at 08:44 AM.
yaheard is offline   Reply With Quote