View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
OKC Z
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z-$old 9/1/12
OKC Z is on a distinguished road
Default South Bend Clutch-bad install

Question;
I recently purchased the South Bend kevlar stage 2, south bend flywheel, and HD csc. It might be little too early to tell but not so sure. The kit has been installed for 400 miles. Well Ive dislike the engagement since day one it engages really high and I have like one inch of engagement and its within the first 3 inches of pushing the pedal in. I had the shop try to adjust it that same day but it only got worst so they put it back to where it was. Well now I can go into and come out of gear without the use of the clutch pedal and at stop light I can take off without the use clutch and go thru all 6 gears without touching the pedal with very little to no effort. All I was looking for was peace of mind because of the csc failure and also because I bought the car used and I had no clue how good the disc was. Well now im all kinds of paranoid because I just spent $1500 on a clutch that might be sticking or for some shop to do a bad install. Also has anyone experienced clattering/ chatter in low speeds in all gears. But once it hits 40 mph or 2500 in any gear it goes away. Is any of this common/ normal with aftermarket kits? Is it sticking? Bad install? Me being paranoid?
One thing I did do personally was changed the transmission fluid to ams oil 75w-90.
BTW ive tried these methods..
How To Lower Clutch pedal engagement in a Infiniti G37 or Nissan 370z
Clutch Adjustment - Nissan 350Z & 370Z Wiki
many thanks in advance.
OKC Z is offline   Reply With Quote