View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
tooohip
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z CY To/Sp
tooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond reputetooohip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Road Trip - Blue Ridge to the Dragon - September 3-7

Road Trip time for me over an extended Labor Day weekend. I finally decided it's time to head south to the Dragon! I'm going to do it the scenic way, winding down the Blue Ridge Parkway, ending up at the dragon on the 4th. I'll stay in that area at least one night for a few dragon runs and some of the other roads in the area, heading back home on the 5th or 6th, depending on how much fun I'm having. ;-)

If there's anyone else in the area that's interested in joining me, please feel free. I've got some hotel ideas that are reasonably priced and still available in the Dragon area.

The plan so far:
This is a long arse trip (google maps timewise) running the full length of the parkway down, but I'm determined to do it! These are my best guesses as far as travel days/times go:

Day 1 - September 3 (Hotel in Sparta or nearby)
Google Map - Day 1

Day 2 - September 4 (Hotel in Robbinsville - Microtel)
Google Map - Day 2

Day 3 - September 5
Hit the dragon for a few runs, have some lunch then explore other roads in the area. Potentially stay another night in Robbinsville or elsewhere in the area if I find a hot hillbilly chick with more than two teeth!

Day 4 - September 6
Head back home by pointing my car north and seeing where whatever road I'm on takes me. ;-) I'll avoid the interstate most likely on the way home too, so it could be interesting.

Last edited by tooohip; 08-20-2009 at 01:53 PM.
tooohip is offline   Reply With Quote