View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
You'd give the info to any parts shop, a dealer or a supermarket. At least some folk on here understand my doubts, now increased some.

I wish to know where my information, of possible use to criminals, goes.
We're all identifiable here to those who take the trouble and I've had too much of "crime" without wishing to help it.

The same or similar know-how is strongly protected by tuners or the like to "appointed professional firms" to whom you'd have to give a lot of info.

That's it: a shame, actually. I tried.
fritz if you're not comfortable posting, there is no need to. but since you posted in the DIY section all of us assumed you had a solution you were willing to share with us. while most were fixed under warranty, some folks have spent over a thousand dollars fixing this stupid stupid problem (towing, waiting on parts, excessive prices given by dealers, labor to install, rental car, etc).

while i bought a spare for insurance, i wanted to see wat to expect when i do actually open one up when (i say when, not if) one of them fails. that's all.