View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
sh3kki
Base Member

Drives: 2011 PW Nissan 370z
sh3kki is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel Lock Problems?!?

Hello everyone...

I am pretty pissed off at this moment because i have a defective wheel lock problem... So here's my case...
I went and bought some Swift Spec-R springs and they are great if I might add, BUT as my mechanic was getting ready to install the springs in the rear, he loosened the lugs and went on trying to loosen the wheel lock and then disaster... the face of the wheel locks literally just snapped off... i took a look at the lugs and they were rusted... I do not know how this could have happened... I have pictures to clarify what I am trying to explain here. If anyone knows why this happened please give me some input. I will be bringing the car back to Nissan on Monday and ask for another pair of wheel locks.

P.S. the rear wheels have never been taken off before nor where the lugs touched; not tightened nor loosened in any way. Thanks in advance for everyone's words.

The first picture is the wheel lock still locked on to my wheels, the second picture is the front of the broken piece and the last one is the back if the broken piece that some how got rusted -__-;;
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image 2.jpeg (104.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (106.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpeg image 1.jpeg (91.9 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by sh3kki; 02-05-2012 at 01:38 PM.
sh3kki is offline   Reply With Quote