View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
gsxr750
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z man. sport
gsxr750 will become famous soon enough

The leather and synthetic material seat covers I tried were one of the names brands in the bussiness and I didn't like them, their attachment wasn't much better than convention auto store cheap seat covers, even though they are designed for your car. For what they sell for online $350-$500 depending where you get them from, your better off with a set of Katzskins for around a $1000.

The main problem I had with the leather covers were on the head rests coming loose on their own and the other serious issue is the left side or door side of the seat cushions , they only provide you with about 3/4" - 1 " of material to simply tuck into the side with a plastic pick, the only thing holding the small edge of this material is the 3/4" piece of material being tucked in and a little pressure from the factory seats hard plastic side rails. Once attached you can easily pull the corner away with your heavy butt or hand with only 2 fingers.

One thing I noticed is upon removing the lower seat cover is that the synthetic material sides that they tell you to insert with the plastic pick become very gouged up and almost have holes poking through. The side material is not very thick.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for .

Last edited by gsxr750; 02-05-2012 at 12:49 PM.
gsxr750 is offline   Reply With Quote