View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo2max99 View Post
For one the Boss LS is over 8K less and gets FAR better mpg. The ZR1 is rated 19mpg HWY which is terrible to say the least compared to the 302's 26mpg HWY rating. This makes perfect sense when you consider the curb weights.

Second, the GT500 is the direct competitor to the ZR1 NOT the Boss 302 so the comparison really just show how awesome the Boss 302 is despite costing a lot less and being down 140hp.

Regardless the new GT500 is going to tear the ZR1 apart. Personally, I would rather spend ~ 44K on a none LS Boss 302 with Recaros/ upgraded LSD. I think it's probably the best compromise between daily driver comfort, performance, economy and so on.
I think you meant ZL1 camaro........the ZR1 is a corvette
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote