View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb84z31t View Post
I have owned several Nissan vehicles over the years. Nissan consistently offers a better product as far as performance and perks for the price compared to other manufacturers in comparable price range.
I would have to disagree with the perks part. Many other cars offer longer warranties, and other types of trinket perks nissan doesn't.
BUT, I must say that the overall build quality of Nissan exceeds almost all otther brands in the price range. Also, something I feel nissan provides in all its vehicles, and is not appreciated in some models is a performance oriented drive and feel in almost all models. Most cars are well balanced and have sport suspensions. Some critics say the sport feel isn't necessary in some models. But I can appreciate nissan trying to provide more fun in their car regardless of success or failure.
When it comes to the Z I feel it is a happy median sports car that provides a good amount of all sports fair.
1. 2 seater dedicated sports car.
2. True sport handling and drive feel.
3. Muscle car like power from a v6
4. Lightweight sport roadster like agility in a heavier solid feeling performance pkg.
5. World class leading technology such as SRM,DRM, VVEL, and all the necessary features to make it an exceptional sports car. LSD, BBK, wide ultralight wheels and high end tires, not to mention enough power to intimidate most sports car crowds whether stock or modified. All from a v6. Datsun-Nissan also provides a class leading racing heritage to back its sporting reputation.

But just like all car companies today their are flaws in customer service and complaints with the brand. I feel when it comes to nissan base models. They come poorly featured compared to cars like hyundai and toyota. But I feel neither brand can offer the performance pkg that nissan can. So its a trade off.
Also some of us desire more. Some want more turbo engines or some want a v8 sports car. Every car company offers something different so its hard to say that one brand is better than the other. I generally am a jdm import guy with a great love and respect for muscle. Critics choose honda toyota and hyundai over nissan. But I think most car guys feel Nissan, subaru, mazda, mitsubishi are more in tune with what enthusiasts want to feel when behind the wheel.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote